Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Essay Week 3: Establishing Creativity

I really enjoyed this week’s unit for several reasons, the first of which is because I think the stories had a really good flow together. One important aspect of a story that encompasses several other smaller stories is that they contain a nice flow and one does not seem abrupt. I noticed that they all seemed to encompass ideas that were similar and had the same sense of storyline.
 Something else that I enjoyed about this story was that there were stories
that were about animals, I really enjoyed reading these stories and felt that I was able to truly engage myself in the stories because they involve stories that obtain things I enjoy.
            One of my favorite stories from this unit was the The Wonders of Saint Berach, I really enjoyed this story because I felt that it taught a great lesson. It showed us that even when someone wrongs you, you need to somehow find a way to forgive him or her and move on. I think that is a very hard lesson for people to sometimes understand and perform because we find it so easy to hold grudges against people and not let things go and move on.
            One thing that I feel potential readers should know before reading this story is that it is written in “very old English”. So then because of this some of the ideas and words are hard to understand. Now this should not deter people from reading this because it is a great story and holds a lot of creativity that should be appreciated by many.

Source: Flickr


            I think it is important to challenge yourself on readings that are difficult in order to grow as a reader and then you can apply that new knowledge to stories that you will write in the future. Overall I think this was a great unit that offered a wide variety of options to pick from, I look forward to the next unit!

No comments:

Post a Comment