Sunday, October 26, 2014

Week 10 Famous Last Words: Time

Time

Wow, it is so hard to believe that we are about to start week 11 tomorrow! I know it is so cliché to say but I simply cannot believe how fast this semester has gone by so far! Ii has been a busy one as I have been in 18 hours. I have constantly had exams and presentations this semester, as I am finishing up my business degree. I feel that as we get older the time seems to fly even faster! When I just stop and really think about it I can try to slow myself to enjoy time but usually I feel like I have a million things going on at once and forget to enjoy this short amount of time I have left in college.

Web Source: flickr

 As November is just about a week away I am mentally preparing myself to begin job hunting. I am a marketing major who is hoping to get in to some kind of sales upon graduation. I am hoping to go back to Denver to live and work but we will see what the job market has in store for me! It is really scary and intimidating to start applying for ‘real’ jobs. I feel that the process can become very overwhelming quite fast so it is important to seek help from people who have experience. I love how OU has such a helpful and established career services office that really allows for a lot of help throughout the process. They have the option of conducting practice interviews and recording them so you can see how you act in an interview. I think that is such a beneficial things to do, because we never know what we are really doing in an interview! Once I get past the awkwardness of seeing myself on camera I feel that I will be able to gain a lot of insight!

No comments:

Post a Comment