Friday, October 24, 2014

Essay Week 10: Semester Progress

Semester Progress

As week ten is wrapping up I find it interesting to look back on the progress I have made so far. I am really not a very strong writer, I have always been a more math and science based thinker. So I thought it would be very beneficial to take a writing based class and really work to improve on it. I was unable to do the reading diary this week and the storybook because I have had a very overwhelming two weeks. I had two tests last week and then three tests this week so it has been crazy! Midterms are coming to an end, which is good, and we are approaching the final weeks of the semester. I have noticed a lot of people have been losing motivation as we reach this point in the semester, but it is important to keep pushing through.

Web Source: Flickr

After looking over several samples of the writing I have completed this semester and comparing beginning ones to later entries I have seen several changes. I have always struggled with adding in too much detail and not being very successful at writing in a concise way. I feel that with the help of this class and the assignments we have done I have become a more concise writer. I also feel that my ideas are becoming more relevant to the material. I think it is really to compare samples from the start to samples from now. It is the only way to see your mistakes and then grow from them.


I have really liked the portfolio project this semester; I feel that it is really pushing my writing. I think it is so useful to get a breakdown of advice line by line. It improves the story so much and really allows growth from the writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment