Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Reading Diary Week 8

One thing I may change for next semester is to do a length requirement. I only say this because each week I feel that I am not doing enough and it makes me nervous. I think that may add structure to some people!

I have noticed that I have commonly used the same writing approaches each week. I find it easier to just summarize the stories. I begin the assignment each week telling myself not to summarize but then I always seem to catch myself doing just that! I do think in a way it makes things easier because then the notes for a specific story seem to flow better. Also makes it easier because when I have to go back and decided which story I want to retell for the week I can easily remember what each was about. I do think I could get a little more analytical with my notes because if I am only writing main ideas I may not be getting all I can from the story.

As we progress in to the semester I hope that I can improve on my storybook notes. I feel that one thing I want to do is not just write the main ideas but also add in what the important characters are like. This way I can better understand several aspects of the story. I feel that the weekly reading diary posts have been a help to me in the way that I have never been a strong reader or writer. I think I am able to learn more when I actually write everything out and am able to go look back at it later on.


Overall I have really enjoyed doing the reading notes each week and think that I will be able to improve as the second half of the semester begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment