Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Week 1: Un-Textbook

Week 1: One story that looked really interesting to me for the first section of reading was titled Apuleius's Cupid and Psyche. This looks interesting to me because in the description is says its similar to “Beauty and the Beast” and that was a story I really enjoyed as a child. Also I really enjoy stories that include love so I think I would like this story.

Week 2: Another story that caught my eye is the story titled The Wolf Mother of Saint Ailbe. This story looked interesting to me because in a way at first I thought of The Little Red Ridding Hood story, which I enjoyed as a child. Upon reading the description for the story I found out that it is about a mother wolf that ‘took’ in a baby that had been abandoned by his parents.

Week 3: For the third reading that caught my eye I choose a story titled The Commander of the Frogs, and the Snake. This story looked interesting to me because it sounded like this is a tale of a parrot that is maybe the narrator and is seeking to tell of riches that are gathered each day and presented at the close of each night.

Week 4: Another story that seemed to catch my eye was titled The Wax Crocodile. This story drew mw in because I have always thought crocodiles were very interesting animals so I would love to read an ancient story based around them. Also I really enjoy learning about ancient Egypt so I think this would be an fascinating read!


Week: 5: One final story that really grabbed my attention was titled The Three Evils. This reading seemed interesting to me because it seems like this story will encompass challenges of someone having to decide if something is right or wrong.

1 comment:

  1. I thought the Cupid and Psyche story sound really interesting as well. I loved Beauty and the Beast when I was growing up so it sounded like something I would definitely enjoy. I don't really remember seeing the other ones but they all sound interesting! The Wolf Mother of Saint Ailbe sounds really cool. It reminds me of The Jungle Book.

    ReplyDelete