Sunday, August 17, 2014

Week 1: Colorado...My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place:
Colorado

      I was born and raised in Boulder Colorado and it has easily become my favorite place in the entire world. Colorado has so much to offer within its outdoors, from hiking and concurring 14,000 foot mountains to enjoying the slopes during the winter and so much more in-between. 

    
Hanging Lake, Glenwood Springs, CO
     
      One of my favorite places in Colorado is a lake called Hanging Lake that is located in Glenwood Springs. In order to get to this lake you have roughly a one mile hike that contains pretty steep and rigorous terrain. I did this hike this past March and the terrain was covered with snow and ice so it was quite the hike! The water is magnificent and looks fake, although the color is actually present because of the advanced ecosystem the lake has created for itself. The lake helps draw a large amount of year-round tourism to a town that wouldn't do as well in the summer season without it. 

(Image Information: personal photo of Hanging Lake;
photo from March 2014.)

(Image Information: personal photo of Hanging Lake;
photo from March 2014.)



Vail Resort, Vail, CO
        
      Vail Colorado is one of the most beautiful mountain resort towns that Colorado has to offer, I grew up snowboarding and spending a lot of time there so it is a very special place to me. Vail thrives in the winter seasons by offering; snowboarding, skiing, snow-shoeing, snowmobiling and so many other activities. It also is a summer destination though, offering; hiking, biking, swimming, and boating. This past winter my family went on our annual snowmobiling trip there, we went on several day long rides throughout the back country of Vail and got to witness some pretty spectacular views. 

(Image Information: personal photo of Hanging Lake;
photo from December 2013.)


       To me Colorado will always be a very special place in my heart and there will always be another adventure to go embark on! I look forward to exploring the beautiful state more and more as time progresses!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how lucky to grow up in Boulder, Emily - it is such a wonderful place! I've visited there a few times, and my cousin and her family now live there. Jealous!!! And those pictures are just great, especially the one of Hanging Lake. I have never been there; next time I go to Colorado I will have to see if that is a place I can arrange to visit. I never would brave it in snow and ice as you did, but I'd give it a try in summer for sure. Thank you for sharing these pictures - fabulous!

    ReplyDelete