Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Week 1: Storybook Favorites

I really enjoyed exploring and looking over past storybooks that have been written by students. I think it is wonderful that we as individuals get to be so creative within this class this semester! The following are just some of the stories that caught my eye!

First off, the storybook that caught my eye the most was titled, Hotel California. This story really caught my eye initially because of the famous song so I figured I would check it out! I really like the idea of a creepy story so I was intrigued and ended up reading the whole thing. I feel that this was a really creative idea of what to base the storybook on.

The second storybook that caught my eye was titled, The Towers That Be. The thing that really drew my eye to this storybook was the simplicity of the design aspect that it entails. I feel that since the story involves castles so I feel it was a good decision to let them be the focus instead of trying to overpower them with the design.

The third storybook that really caught my eye was titled, Remember the Alamo. The main reason that this storybook caught my eye is because it is such a classic concept and story. I feel that retelling historical events is vital to keep the knowledge alive, so I think adding a creative aspect to it only enhances the overall story!


I feel that after looking over previous storybooks that other students have created I have gained several ideas on what kinds of topics people mainly go with and I feel that it has helped me to start brainstorming ideas. I also think that after looking at other examples I really now understand how important the design aspect is, you don’t want anything to overpower the actual story itself but instead you want it to complement the material.

No comments:

Post a Comment